- In the United States, the EPA currently registers more than 34,000 pesticides derived from about 600 basic ingredients.
- 75% of all land used in the U.S. to grow food or raise animals relies on these chemicals to grow food.
- Pesticide exposure causes farm workers to suffer more chemical-related injuries and illnesses than other work-forces.
- About 95% of the country relies on groundwater for drinking water, often contaminated with pesticides.
- Pesticide drift contaminates the very air we breathe, especially in agricultural areas.
- Pesticide exposure results in more babies being born with preventable birth defects.
- Study at UC Berkeley found children are being exposed to pesticides in the breast milk of their mothers.
- Many new studies report a connection between pesticide exposure and general population illnesses such as; asthma, autism and learning disabilities, birth defects and reproductive dysfunction, diabetes, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases, and several types of cancer.
- Genetically engineered crops developed and marketed to withstand copious herbicide and pesticide spraying have resulted in chemical resistant bugs and weeds affecting millions of acres.
- Bees, butterflies, and other pollinating insects have been absolutely decimated by chemical herbicides and pesticides.
- Even our ocean life is being contaminated by pesticide run off. Fish, crab, seals, and even micro-algae have been affected by the amount of chemicals we use to 'grow food.'
- The chemical addiction of industrial agricultural is stripping the soil of nutrients and devastating the nutritional value of crops.
If 34,000 registered pesticides haven’t been enough to grow food for the world, certainly, new and more dangerous combinations of these chemicals will not magically solve the problem. Despite these myriad concerns, the US EPA continues to green light new health-harming chemicals foisted upon us by Big Ag companies.
Learn More at This Link